03/02/16 // P O S T E R D E S I G N

Draft 1 When starting to think about the design and layout I wanted my poster about my cultural text 'Feminism in Star Wars: The F...

Draft 1


When starting to think about the design and layout I wanted my poster about my cultural text 'Feminism in Star Wars: The Force Awakens' to have I instantly knew two things I wanted it to have:

1) A relatively simple, minimalistic design that wouldn't distract too much from the content while still provoking interest.

2) A picture of Rey since she was my main focus in my analysis.

A quick Google image search left me with two pictures I wanted to include.

from http://www.vogue.com/13380323/star-wars-hair-daisy-ridley-rey-triple-bun/

from http://www.adweek.com/prnewser/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2015/10/SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg

I experimented with a few things until I had two relatively similar but different drafts.



Both include the same photo of Rey and the title, have a black background, colour scheme, etc. but in the end it all came down on how I wanted it to look.

I asked myself: Do I want it to look like the Action Sci-Fi film it is or do I want to focus on my analysis of the female and use more female fonts?
I chose the ladder since I felt it agreed more with Rey's character.







You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images